August 23, 2012

It's a...

It's a baby! Oh, and it happens to also be a BOY! Matt and I went yesterday morning for the anatomy sonogram, and were excited to find out the gender of the baby. More than anything, we wanted to hear that the Peanut looked normal and healthy, but we were also definitely ready to find out whether we'd be having a son or a daughter. While we were in the waiting room yesterday, Matt and I joked that because we had decided on a girl's name, but were having a lot of trouble agreeing on a boy's name, we figured the baby would be a boy just so the boy-name-debate would have to continue. Thankfully, we have several more months to figure it out. It's really nice to know the baby's gender; now I get to spend the rest of my pregnancy getting used to the idea of having a son!

For me, the coolest part of the sonogram was being able to feel the baby move and see the baby move on the screen at the same time. It was a surreal experience, and one I'm sure I'll never forget. The Peanut's anatomy and size all looked normal, which was a huge relief for me, as I couldn't help but be concerned that there might be an issue or abnormality.

I promise the next belly photo is coming very soon; I know I've been slacking on that. But for now, baby boy pictures:

Look at my cute button nose!

This is not an x-ray of a turkey leg. It shows the Peanut's "boy parts."

I call this one 'The Thinker'

No comments:

Post a Comment