February 15, 2013

Quick 2-Month Update

I know, you guys. I haven't posted the second 'episode' of Odin's birth story yet. I'm still working on it. But until I get it finished I'll try to post some quick updates and photos.

Coming home from the hospital
I can't believe Odin is two months old already. He has gone from 6 lbs., 5 oz. at birth to 10 lbs., 8 oz. in only two months, which seems like such a huge jump, and he has also grown 3 inches. My tiny boy won't be tiny much longer.

Got milk? He did!
I returned to work on Monday of this week, and while I do miss Odin during the day I have not experienced the total devastation some mothers feel when they first go back to work. I'm so happy that Odin is either with Matt or Pat (Matt's Mom) every day, so I know he is in the best of hands.

Baby Odin has made some huge strides in the last week by sleeping for much longer stretches of time at night, which is truly a blessing. Generally at night he will eat more at once and then sleep longer, usually sleeping for anywhere between 2.5 - 5 hours at a time. He is enjoying tummy time (usually, anyway) and it has been so fun to watch him look at things now that he can see so much. His favorite things to look at are ceiling fans (turned off for better viewing), though ceiling lights of any kind come in a close second. He often strokes my arm or my back while I'm holding him and he loves to grab at things.

Ready to go on an adventure
Murphy and Oliver (the dogs) "check on" Odin frequently throughout the day, seemingly just to make sure all is well. They don't nudge him or lick him, they just sniff the area around him, typically not getting any closer than 3-4 inches from him, and once they're satisfied that he's ok, they leave him alone.
Tummy champion
Matt and I are so in love with our boy, and we've been having a lot of fun being parents. Though sometimes it is also not very fun. But usually it is. I think we make a pretty good team.

1 comment:

  1. He looks perfect! Of course you are doing a great job as parents... you two make the best team! So sweet to see how much you love your little precious boy! :)

    ReplyDelete